Addio America, Ciao Italia















As I finish packing, the reality sets in that I am saying goodbye to America, and hello to Italy!! Ahhh. My previous travels have taken me to Asia and Africa, but I have yet to really explore Europe. I cannot wait to find myself in a gondola in the canals of Venice or walking among the lemon orchards in Amalfi.

Beyond the beautiful scenery of Italy, I am excited to dive into the real themes of this course, History of Gender, Economic, and Environmental Development in Italy. It is one thing to be a tourist, roaming through the sites, but it is another thing to fully immerse yourself in the history and culture of a new country. I hope that with the readings we digest, the discussions we create, the places we visit, will allow me to experience Italy to the fullest. With the free time we have left, I hope to explore every nook and cranny, uncovering the local gems of Italian life.

Despite my excitement, I still have my worries with international travel. However, I know they will be put to rest as soon as I find myself some gnocchi and lemon gelato :) 

Arrivederci, Alina

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

An Italian Fantasy

The Fragile Relationship Between Humans and Natural Spaces